Judges Gone Wild

Petition for Writ of Mandate - Judge/Commissioner

SKU 901
In stock
Product Details

You have the right to refuse to have a Commissioner hear your case, and have a judge instead. You also have the right to exclude one judge because he/she may be biased against tenants or you. You also have the right to exclude a judge because of a specific showing of bias. They are supposed to respect those rights and hand the case to a different judge. However, when they are really biased and corrupt, they refuse to follow the law and constitution they swore to uphold in order to get their esteemed position. That's when you have to ask the Appellate Department of the court to intervene. You only have 10 days to file this petition from the time of the ruling.

This Petition is to ask the appellate court to stop the case and undo what the judge or commissioner did, putting you back where you should have been, in front of a different judge. Usually, they grant these petitions, and sometimes they not only stop the case but take their time in ruling on the petition, so as to signal to the commissioner or judge that they hurt the landlord they were bending over backwards to help. It might delay the eviction case for 2-4 months, only to have the whole decision by the trial court vacated.

Save this product for later